Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh Lord, I Need a Break...

My job, while I love it, has been a REAL ball buster as of late. We're down on man power and up on work and responsibilities. There doesn't appear to be any immediate end in sight. I need a break, and soon...
This weekend, Edward and Robin will be visiting with us in Asheville. I feel that I owe them a good time, as our last adventure ended with me in the ER. They're skilled mountain bikers and getting them to the mountains is always a treat for us. We're hopeful of riding Bent Creek and of course, DuPont State Forest. The Burnt Mountain trail was recently re-opened and I want to go back and clear it this time. One of the neat aspects of the trail is the fact that Trail Dynamics will soon be constructing a pump track at the top of the trail. This'll be a cool, new feature on any of the NC trails that I am familiar with...

A real beer connoisseur, we'll be taking Edward on a tour of the Highland Brewing Company. Of course, I'm kinda looking forward to it too! I have a bit of a problem with their Gaelic Ale, it's just too good and the result is a spare tire that is in need of some repair. While they're in town, we're hopeful of a visit by Chris and Lisa. Chris has been battling some health issues as of late and the perfect thing to boost his spirits would be a trip to The Thirsty Monk, Asheville's first Belgian Beer bar. Hoisting a few of the 14 beers on tap or the 140 bottled beers on the menu is sure to raise anybody's spirits. And mine could use a boost, too...

In a few weeks we'll be departing for some time off in the Philadelphia area. We'll (Cathy, Lyndsay and I) be visiting my sister Barb and her family. While there, we're looking forward to the WXPN XPoNential Music Festival. Friday night performers will include Chuck Profit, Alejandro Escovedo, Dar Williams, and Beth Orton. Should be a really fun evening. We're off to see the Phillies on Saturday afternoon. Apparently, the Phils are a bunch of hungry young kids that are a blast to watch. Sports nut Les will be in his glory. With any kind of luck, we'll get in a mountain bike ride in Philly. Look for plenty of photos and fun, as we go on location. And I take a break!

No comments: